From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Plasma upgrade: Part Deux.
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 03:05:33
1 So, I have a week off and have time to mess around trying to upgrade to
2 Plasma once again.
3
4 I have got it mostly-somewhat upgraded, but I have two bizarre problems.
5
6 The first one is I have two volume controls in the tray. I have no idea
7 why, and both seem to present slightly different controls. Could this be
8 related to pulseaudio?
9
10 The second is Thunderbird has lost its window. As in, the app itself
11 isn't aware of the task bar and its title bar (with
12 minimize/maximize/close buttons) is missing. This existing before the
13 restart into Plasma; I closed all the windows I had open (Thunderbird
14 being one) before rebooting.
15
16 Baloo stayed disabled for me with balooctl this time, and it seems
17 plasma isn't crashing every 10-20 seconds (I read this was fixed back in
18 May or June.) So now all I have to do is figure out these issues then
19 try all the other apps I regularly use.
20
21 Anyone have any ideas?
22
23 Dan