From: German <gentgerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get inside of my faulty install?
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 18:44:21
1 On Sun, 1 Mar 2015 10:27:49 +0100
2 Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi> wrote:
3
4 > > On Mar 1, 2015, at 6:58, German <gentgerman@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Now I need to get to /boot partition of my faulty install and edit gummiboot .conf file. Can someone walk me through on how to accomplish this? ( step-by-step commands ). Of course I have a rescuecd at my disposal. Thanks!
7 >
8 > Boot into the rescuecd
9 > Open your first disk with gdisk or parted:
10 > gdisk /dev/sda
11 >
12 > List partitions (p<enter> in gdisk and print in parted)
13 >
14 > Find a partition of the type EF00. That is your UEFI boot partition. Mark down the number of that partition. The number most likely 1.
15 >
16 > If you didn't find EF00 partition search the next disk (sdb).
17 >
18 > Mount your boot partition (in my setup it is sda1):
19 > mkdir /uefipartition
20 > mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /uefipartition
21 > nano /uefipartition/loader/entries/gentoo.conf
24 Thanks, worked like a charm. I was able to boot!
27 > Just edit and save and you are done. If you have everything setup as in the wiki (http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gummiboot) this will work. Neil gave the same instructions... This is just a bit more detailed.
28 >
29 > I like to always keep grub installed because it is like swiss army knife for booting. You can always get a shell and find your lost kernel image. Even if it is still in /usr/src... So you kind of like never render your system to an unbootable state. Nor would need to use rescue cd. And you can boot windows, memtest, chainload etc!
30 >
31 > --
32 > -Matti
39 German <gentgerman@×××××.com>