From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] EMERGENCY - GCC GONE!
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 01:56:30
1 On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 13:33 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
2 >
3 > Some OK ideas have been floated here, but what if our friend doesn't
4 > have another working gentoo machine? he needs that for quickpkg.
5
6 On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 16:28 -0700, Lord Sauron wrote:
7 > My best idea has been to try and distcc with my desktop
8
9 I assumed the presence of a separate desktop machine from this comment.
10
11 > Also he isn't going
12 > to be able to install it with portage because portage isn't working
13 > because python isn't working. Hopefull untarring it into the filesystem
14 > will work,
15
16 tar is how I'd start.
17
18 > but any post install scripts are not going to be executed.
19 > Therefore something like gcc-config will need to be executed, and OP
20 > will also need to check the ebuild for other steps that may be missing
21 > from a simple untar.
22
23 untar gcc, then emerge gcc, and you'll fix the post-install and other
24 ebuild stuff. I hope :)
29 Now I lay me down to sleep
30 I pray the double lock will keep;
31 May no brick through the window break,
32 And, no one rob me till I awake.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list