From: Flavio Cappelli <flavio.cappelli@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Plasma device notifier shows wrong free space on USB disks
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 17:28:34
Hi,

I have the KDE plasma device notifier that shows always 1.2GB of free
space on all USB disks (HDD or flash drives). Such issue does not happen
on internals SATA HDD / SDD. This issue also prevents me to copy files
bigger then 1.2GB to any mounted USB disk using dolphin (but I can copy
the same big files using "cp" in konsole, and I can copy files smaller
than 1.2GB with dolphin). I'm sure it did not happen some months ago.

I tried with three different USB drives and the behavior is the same:

�- 4GB flash drive on USB2 interface, vfat formatted, 3.3GB free
�- 128GB flash drive on USB3 interface, exfat formatted, 107GB free
�- 500GB external HDD on USB2 interface, ext4 formatted, 468GB free

The device notifier always shows 1.2GB of free space and I cannot copy
big files with dolphin to the USB disk.

I have kde-plasma 5.11.4 and� kde-framework 5.41.0 installed, but the
issue happened also with kde-plasma 5.10.5 and kde-framework 5.40.0.

What can I check to solve it?

Many thanks.

Flavio