From: Diego Augusto Molina <diegoaugustomolina@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to login to gentoo
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 17:44:09
1 El 01/11/11 04:10, Vishnupradeep escribió:
2 > Installed Gentoo Linux with KDE. Worked on it for some days without any
3 > problem. The disk became full (now deleted some files downloaded to my
4 > documents to get 1.5Gb free space). Now i can't login to Gentoo. The
5 > login screen appears when username and password is entered and press
6 > enter It never logins. just reappears.
7 >
8 > Pressed Ctrl+Alt+F1 and logedin as root
9 > no commands are accessible, not even 'ls'
10 >
11 > Help needed.
14 Choice 1) At startup edit your booting line and include as a kernel
15 parameter the word 'single'. That may be of some help to get a ready
16 prompt. If you're not using GRUB (or if you've configured advanced
17 security in GRUB), then you're on your own I guess. Lilo also allows to
18 edit the kernel command line, I guess.
19
20 Choice 2) If you've configured rc system to be interactive, then press
21 'I' when booting and start _only_ extremely necessary services. That
22 would also guarantee some ready prompt.
23
24 Choice 3) Use a LiveCD and if you _really_ need to execute anything into
25 your installation then do it in a chroot.
26
27 Whatever your choice is, you can try the following to free up some space
28 in your root directory:
29
30 1) Delete files under /usr/portage/distfiles.
31 2) `make clean' under /usr/src/*.
32 3) Delete /usr/{share/{doc,man},src/*/Documentation} directories. Ok,
33 this is desperate, but you can delete all that extremely useful
34 documentation. If you can, first copy those dirs to some other media
35 like SD or Flash to be able to recover it later.
36
37 Those items should have been given you enough space to be able to login
38 normally (text based, please!).
39 Now you have to see what to do to free up some more space (uninstall
40 things or something) or give your root partition a breathe and increase
41 it's size (you can use the tools of your FS to grow the fs: resize2fs,
42 xfs_growfs, etc.).
46 Diego Augusto Molina
47 diegoaugustomolina@×××××.com
48
49 ES: Por favor, evite adjuntar documentos de Microsoft Office. Serán
50 desestimados.
51 EN: Please, avoid attaching Microsoft Office documents. They shall be
52 discarded.
53 LINK: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

smime.p7s application/pkcs7-signature