From: Stefan Wimmer <swimmer@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Circular Block? kde-env / kdelibs -- RESOLVED
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:50:04
1 * Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> [2006-10-11 21:35] :
2 > No, this is not spam. It is necessary info to explain what's going on.
3
4 Ok - next time you'll get it without asking ;-)
5
6 > ~khelpcenter-3.5.2 pulls in ~kdelibs-3.5.2 which pulls in kde-env.
7 > ~kdelibs-3.5.4 on the other hand blocks kde-env. The solution is to add
8 > kcontrol, kicker, khelpcenter (and any other packages that still require a
9 > downgrade of kdelibs) to /etc/portage/package.keywords...
10
11 This was exactly what I did after seeing the mixture of x86 and ~x86.
12 As already said in my previous post the dependency is gone now ...
13
14 > I'm not really certain where font-alias comes into the picture though. If you
15 > want to find out run:
16 > # emerge -uDpt --debug world &> debug.log
17 > And inspect the log. You may even send debug.log to me in a private mail. It
18 > will be huge so I'm not going to recommend to post it on this list though.
19
20 Too late :)
21
22 Thanks for your help - not only with my problem but in /many/ other cases
23 as well !!!
24
25 Greetz
26 Stefan