From: "Jürgen Geuter" <tante@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Beagle eating up Resources!! (BEagled-index-helper)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:13:40
1 On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 18:09 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 > Does anyone here knows if beagle really sucks up resources?? I just
3 > emerged it a week ago and I'm getting very pissed off at it as it's
4 > using a lot of resources. The laptop doesn't get much idle time.
5
6 Beagle is quite a resource hog and will keep your system busy whenever
7 it finds it to be "idle", that is the reason why I decided to ditch it
8 (I wasn't using the search functionality that much anyways).
9
10 You could make sure that "beagled" is not started upon login, that way
11 it will not do autoscanning of your files and only start when you use
12 it.
13
14 regards
15
16 Jürgen
17 --
18 ICQ #81510866 - http://the-gay-bar.com - MSN tante@×××××××××.de
19 Occam's Razor:
20 -"Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem."-