From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NVidia drivers and vanilla kernel Linux 4.7.0 anyone?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 18:45:47
1 On 07/30/2016 01:15 PM, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 >>> Short qyestion: How can I apply it...I mean...as soon as I do an
4 >>> emerge, either the original source will be unpacked or my package
5 >>> will be rejected for being modified an different from the one, which
6 >>> does not compile...
7
8 >> http://tinyurl.com/jur3t8v
9
10 > Meino
11
12 I think that is true for EAPI-5. EAPI-6 or later ebuilds should only
13 require the patch be located in the dir with the sources
14 (/usr/portage<cat/pak> or /usr/local/portage/<cat/pak>, I think.
15 (epatch-users is good to google on. There might be a bit more to it, but
16 just google. Also, there are some eclasses that help this out a bit for
17 more complicated hacks. [1]
18
19 1] https://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-reference/
22 Usually, the best thing to do is put (your) patches and a full copy of
23 the ebuild into /usr/local/portage, for a guy like you who is hacking
24 at ebuilds for embedded boards anyway.
27 proxy-maint folks are the best to answer these question and help you,
28 cause there are always twists and bumps along the way, like dependencies
29 slightly changed and thus requiring a tweak. Unfortunately they are only
30 available on the irc channel. Hopefully on of the devs will clear this
31 up even further, as last time I looked, this is a subject that the
32 devManual has not fully documented, or anyone compiled a few examples
33 for user to look at. It's a moving target depending on the EAPI-level of
34 the ebuild.
37 hth,
38 James