From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: How to check for an existing ethernet link ?
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 12:07:28
1 Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > sorry for being off topic, but I think, folks of this list have the
5 > knowledge to answer my question and I have no idea who to ask else...
6 >
7 > I need to check from within a C-program whether the computer, the
8 > program is running on (OS: Linux), is connected to the ethernet. The
9 > program is running under root privilege. Before doing anything else
10 > with eth0, I want to check the link-LED of the ethernet card...so to
11 > say.
12 >
13 > I sthere any "legal" way to do such things under Linux?
14 >
15 > Thank you very much for any help and your understanding for my
16 > situation.
17 >
18 > Kind regards,
19 > mcc
23 mii-tool can detect the status of an ethernet link, though last I
24 checked it did not work for 1Gbps connections. Perhaps you can look at
25 its source, and figure out how it is doing it.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list