From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying to use ndiswrapper caused a hell of trouble: no suspend and wl doesn't autoload
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:08:52
1 On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:52:19 +0300, Yoav Luft wrote:
2
3 > No, I haven't. I've also checked all files in /etc/modprobe.d/,
4 > /etc/modules.d/ and /etc/{modules,modprobe}.conf to see if it isn't
5 > blacklisted. I have checked the rc files yet, but I haven't changed
6 > anything. Just to be sure, I grepped for "wl", and it's not
7 > blacklisted. ndiswrapper does alias a lot of device names to itself in
8 > modprobe.conf, although I removed it completely.
9
10 modprobe.conf is autogenerated from the contents of modprobe.d, and any
11 file installed in there with ndiswrapper won't have been removed when you
12 unmerged it. Check you haven't got a file in there setting up the
13 ndiswrapper aliases.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 In 1750 Issac Newton became discouraged when he fell up a flight of
20 stairs.