From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mplayer directfb permissions?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:47:37
1 Greetings,
2
3 My old thinkpad is showing its age lately, especially when using
4 mplayer to play avi or mkv files. Fooling around with various options
5 and config arguments has revealed that using the directfb for vo gives
6 sterling results, with the worst files playing happily in sync just like
7 I always dreamed -- but only as root!
8
9 Obviously there's a permissions issue somewhere...
10
11 My user is a member of all the appropriate groups (unless I've missed
12 something?):
13
14 [idd@gh~] $ id
15 uid=501(indulekha) gid=501(indulekha) groups=501(indulekha),5(tty),
16 10(wheel),16(cron),17(console),18(audio),19(cdrom),27(video),35(games),
17 104(crontab),994(vboxusers),998(plugdev)
18
19 I've googled quite a bit about it and found a few users with the same problem
20 but nowhere have I seen an answer. Is there a solution for this, or should I
21 simply resign to watching videos as root?
22
23 TIA!
26 /\ /\
27 <\ />