From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using Gentoo for Sound Recording
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:17:41
1 Tim,
2 I see you've gotten other responses which is great. My input would
3 be that we should try to get jack going on your system whether you end
4 up using it or not. I hope you do as it's the only way I know of to
5 record audio and be assured you got every sample.
6
7 Can you post back what versions you are trying to build?
8
9 lightning ~ # emerge -pv jack-audio-connection-kit qjackctl
10
11 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
12
13 Calculating dependencies ...done!
14 [ebuild R ] media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.100.7 +alsa
15 (-altivec) -caps (-coreaudio) -debug -doc +jack-tmpfs (-mmx) -oss
16 -portaudio +sndfile (-sse) 0 kB
17 [ebuild R ] media-sound/qjackctl-0.2.17 0 kB
18
19 Total size of downloads: 0 kB
20 lightning ~ #
21
22 Also, post back the results of these two commands.
23
24 emerge info
25 eix -I qt
26