From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FFmpeg and AVI1'd M-JPEGs
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 21:23:10
1 On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 19:10:17 +0100, Ashley Dixon wrote:
2
3 > Unfortunately, as per [3], Logitech C-series cameras (among others)
4 > utilise a proprietary extension to the Motion-JPEG format, in which
5 > H.264 data is attached to the various JPEG key and delta frames in the
6 > APP0 field [4], as shown when inspecting the data of any frame
7 > ("AVI1" [5]):
8 >
9 > $ ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -vcodec copy %02d.jpg
10
11 What command are you using to record this file in the first place?
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Tell me, and I will forget. Show me, and I will remember. Involve me, and
18 I will learn.