From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Touchpad in "absolute" mode
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:32:42
1 On Thursday 17 January 2008, Sascha Hlusiak wrote:
2 > Am Mittwoch 16 Januar 2008 18:13:22 schrieb Alan McKinnon:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > I haven't seen this one before. My touchpad mouse works normally,
6 > > until I lift my finger and place it somewhere else. Normally, the
7 > > pointer would stay where it is and only move when my finger moves.
8 > > What happens now is my I touch the pad, the pointer moves to a
9 > > point on the screen corresponding to where I touch the pad. Touch
10 > > pad on left edge, pointer moves to left edge of screen, then reacts
11 > > normally to finger moving again. The "stick mouse" works fine.
12 > >
13 > > I get the same result without an xorg.conf, just letting xorg
14 > > figure stuff out for itself.
15 >
16 > Stuff is figured out itself now anyway. :-S
17 >
18 > You have hal-0.5.10 installed and compiled xorg-server with hal. Now
19 > hal will scan the attached devices and hotplug available mice. The
20 > touchpad is recognized as a mouse and the "evdev" driver is loaded
21 > with uses absolute mode since the device emits absolute coordinates.
22 > These devices are even added when you already have a mouse input
23 > device in the xorg.conf, thus giving you a lot of mice that use the
24 > same data (some guys report double clicks on single clicks, keymaps
25 > changed, the touchpad does not work right anymore).
26 >
27 > Put
28 > Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"
29
30 Excellent! thanks. That fixed the problem, and also solved erratic
31 double-click behaviour I was getting in Konqueror as well
32
33 alan
38 > in the Section Serverflags and xorg will stop to hotplug mice.
39 > Or add a custom policy file in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/ to add the
40 > touchpad with the synaptics driver instead of evdev.
41 >
42 > Sascha
47 Alan McKinnon
48 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com