From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 3 automatic spell check broken
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:00:53
1 On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 18:54 +0900, Mike Mazur wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > With Firefox 2.x whenever I typed into a text area and misspelled
5 > something, the word would be underlined. Ever since I updated to
6 > Firefox 3 this no longer happens.
7 >
8 > I've looked at USE flags for mozilla-firefox and xulrunner and don't
9 > see anything that indicates aspell or similar.
10 >
11 > What am I missing?
14 In Epiphany at least I was able to enable it with the following
15 about:config options:
16
17 spellchecker.dictionary = "en_US"
18 layout.spellcheckDefault = 2
19
20 You may want to specify 1 instead of 2 if you only want spellchecking in
21 <textarea>s
22
23 HTH,
24 -a