From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: freezing a package
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 06:05:16
1 On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:01:03 -0500
2 "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca> wrote:
3
4 > On 19/12/09 Albert Hopkins said:
5 >
6 > > Create an local overlay. Put the ebuild in there.
7 >
8 > I'll need to read up on how. The section on overlays left me with the
9 > impression that overlays were for experimental code, not for keeping
10 > private copies of packages.
11
12 Unfortunately, the Gentoo overlays user's guide now focuses only on
13 using layman to get other people's overlays and no longer covers how
14 to set up a simple local overlay. I guess there's enough info in
15 various manpages to piece it together, but here's a quick/dirty howto.
16
17 In make.conf:
18
19 # to use some local ebuilds
20 PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
21
22 Or you can use any director(y|ies) you like, in a list separated by
23 spaces.
24
25 Then drop a copy of the ebuild into
26 $PORTDIR_OVERLAY/[category]/[packagename]/
27
28 Run `ebuild [ebuild file] manifest` to create the checksums for the
29 ebuild. (Alternatively, I guess there's a way to copy the manifest
30 stuff from the portage tree.)
33 »Q«
34 Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.