From: Robin Atwood <robin@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Initial console messages garbled [REPOST]
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 19:17:40
1 Since as Dale and others have pointed out, I posted my first message on
2 this subject by using an existing message as a template which doesn't
3 work because it gets added to the existing thread. So here goes
4 again. (I have also just noticed some replies that I had missed for the
5 same reason: lesson learned! Rich's response looks very useful.)
6
7 I posted about this on the Gentoo forums (see [1]) but didn't get any
8 response so I'll try my luck here! The post explains everything but.
9 briefly, normally when I boot a kernel I initially get some messages
10 in a large clunky font, and then the frame-buffer module loads and
11 everything is hi-res and fills the entire monitor. On my new box the
12 first messages are video-static until the frame-buffer takes over. I
13 have an error in a new root partition I have built and need to read
14 those messages! What of all the numerous parameters in various places
15 should I try tweaking?
16
17 Thanks
18 Robin
19
20 1. http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1114668-highlight-.html
21
22 > From: "Sid Spry" <sid@××××.us>
23 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
24 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Initial console messages garbled
25 > Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 11:03:12 -0500
26 > Reply-to: gentoo-user@l.g.o
27 > User-Agent:
28 > Cyrus-JMAP/3.3.0-dev0-543-gda70334-fm-20200618.004-gda703345
29 > X-Mailer: MessagingEngine.com Webmail Interface
30 >
31 > > On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 2:55 AM Robin Atwood <robin@×××××.org>