From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde-4.4.5 & Seamonkey weirdness
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 02:57:57
1 > Ever since my upgrade to kde-4.4.5 my seamonkey windows
2 > sporadically go black, when I move the mouse away from
3 > them. Both the Web browser and the mail client do this
4 > sporadically. Headers, toolbars and where the text appears
5 > all sporadically get into the act. Even just the "subject
6 > window of this message is affected. Today, the color is solid gray.
7 > The maligned behavior always returns upon exiting kde or even rebooting
8 > the
9 > system.
12 > Also the scroll bar seems extraordinarily slow and often
13 > buffers up my keystrokes to the point of aimlessly wandering
14 > back and forth ignoring any new input, until it's
15 > wandering dance is exhausted.....
18 > recompiling loads of stuff, as we speed to see if
19 > it fixes the problem. Anyone got any hints on this?
20 > bugs.gentoo.org did not reveal any pearls of wisdom
21 > that I could find....
24 Interesting - sounds similar to what i get - see my thread "Some corruption
25 after gnome 2.30". I rebuilt world and still have the problem. So
26 perhaps.there is something lower level than gnome/kde that causes this
27 issue.