From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Syntax for masking kde:4?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:23:20
1 On Sonntag 11 Oktober 2009, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > In the last few days some parts of KDE v4 seem to have been moved into the
5 > stable tree, but on some of my boxes I want to exclude kde:4 (but not
6 > qt:4).
7 >
8 > What is the syntax for a single entry in package.mask to exclude the whole
9 > of kde:4? I did start masking each package separately, but that's far too
10 > much work - I'd finish up with an entry for every kde package that has a
11 > version 4. Also, "kde:4", which seems like the right thing to specify, is
12 > an invalid package atom according to eix.
13 >
14 > I can't see anything relevant in man pages or the gentoo kde configuration
15 > guide. Google hasn't helped me either.
18 since everything kde depends on kdelibs you could mask that