From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local mirrors
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 08:51:48
1 On Friday, 26 April 2019 09:44:03 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Friday, 26 April 2019 08:48:54 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > As well as the suggestions from Rich and Dale, you can also use a shared
4 > > directory - I use NFS for this but I see no reason why CIFS wouldn't also
5 > > work - for $DISTDIR. This is set in make.conf and tells portage where to
6 > > save downloaded files. As portage checks to see if the file is already
7 > > there before downloading it, only the first system to need it will
8 > > download it, the rest will use the existing copy.
9 > >
10 > > Just set up an NFS export on the host computer and mount that on the
11 > > others, then change make.conf to use that location.
12 >
13 > Yet another idea is to run net-proxy/squid on one machine and set that as
14 > your download mirror. I used to do that and it worked well.
15
16 Sorry, I should have said set that machine as http ftp proxy.
19 Regards,
20 Peter.