From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Nvidia drivers and console black screen
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:56:55
1 I've searched bugzilla, the forums, google and I can't find anything that
2 helps although I've tried several things.
3
4 I have installed a system from stage 1 and have it running. I emerged the
5 nvidia-kernel and glx drivers and set up xorg.conf. Xorg.conf works with
6 the nv driver and works with the nvidia driver. I can startx fine (I am
7 booting to default command line right now and then run startx) and I get
8 my X display and xfce4 running. However, when I exit xfce4 and go back to
9 the console the screen is black and I can never get it to display. I am
10 using vesafg-tng - no rivafb. I have agpgart as a module.
11
12 I remember a thread on it but can't find it and can't remember what the
13 problem was. The crazy thing is that this system worked before with
14 nvidia and the same card. I had to do a rebuild due to disk problems.
15
16 I tried the stable and the ~x86 nvidia-* also.
17
18 Any ideas would be appreciated.
24 Brett I. Holcomb
25 brettholcomb@×××××××××××××.net