From: dave waddelove <dave.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] root (/) read-only?
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 05:03:47
1 Hey guys,
2
3 Quite often if I leave my computer on for a few hours, I come back and try
4 to do something and I find that my system has all of a sudden changed from
5 rw to ro on my root partition... Has anyone else experienced this? One thing
6 I noticed is that I get an error message upon sstartup about not being able
7 to find fsck.xfs upon startup for /dev/hda4 (my root partition). could this
8 have anything to do with it? I am running into a lot of problems beacuse of
9 this since a lot of programs rely on writing tmp files to /tmp on my root
10 partition. A lot of programs freeze or crap out and I have to do a hard
11 reboot, which I know will cause a problem one of these days....
12
13 Thanks in advance!
14
15 Dave