From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] I don't want portage to update Libreoffice......
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 16:28:15
1 Hi all,
2 As per usual an update of Libre Office is failing and causing all sorts
3 of build troubles. I have an install, the previous version, of Libre
4 Office working so how do I stop portage from trying to update to the latest.
5
6 "Emerge --search libreoffice"
7
8 reports
9
10 "Latest version installed: 4.1.0.1".
11
12 In turn my /etc/portage/package.mask contains the line
13
14 >app-office/libreoffice-4.1.0.1
15
16 or
17
18 >=app-office/libreoffice-4.1.0.1
19
20 This results in portage wanting to downgrade libreoffice
21
22 [ebuild UD ] app-office/libreoffice-4.0.4.2 [4.1.0.1]
23
24 What do I have to fiddle so that portage won't want to upgrade
25 libreoffice? This is stopping my "-NuD world" from completing so I need
26 to suppress libreoffice for the time being and come back to it later.
27
28 Any thoughts, greatly appreciated,
29
30 Andrew