From: Jeremi Piotrowski <jeremi.piotrowski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing BTRFS on MBR with OpenRC
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 15:01:26
1 On Fri, 14 Aug 2015, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > >
3 > > I have now followed Rich's procedure to build the VM, and it does boot -
4 > > once!
5 > >
6 > > After that, on every boot it complains "failed to read the system array" and
7
8 Any idea what you did between the first boot and the second one? An
9 internet search shows that this can happen if the btrfs module doesnt get
10 modprobed correctly.
11
12 > > So I ran dracut again with add_dracutmodules+=”btrfs” and
13 > > add_drivers+=”btrfs” but that didn't help. Specifying
14 > > device=/dev/sda4,device=/dev/sdb4 on the kernel command line didn't help
15 > > either.
16
17 Forget the device thing added to the kernel cmdline, that doesn't work.
18 Can you verify that all pieces of btrfs are present in the initramfs?
19 `lsinitrd initramfs.img | grep btrfs` should tell you if that's the case.
20 Is btrfs built into the kernel or a module?
21
22 > Actually, it turns out that the device scan isn't needed: just an exit or
23 > control-d is enough.
24
25 Check that the kernel cmdline is correct. You need to check the one that
26 you provide and the one that is hardcoded into the dracut image. What does
27 dracut.log say?