From: Nico <dragoonway@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] unreadable text in tty's after updating to 2.6.19-r5
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:35:46
1 Hi list.
2
3 I've a strange problem here.
4 I've updated my gentoo from a 4 months offline and so I did recompile many
5 stuffs.
6 However, when I update the kernel from 2.6.18-r2 to 2.6.19-r5, my tty's
7 console (ALT + CTRL + Fx) are all unreadable.
8 I can see like in an encrypted tv channel, but i can launch commands, it's
9 just visual.
10 I did not change anything between my two kernels : I've check the same thing
11 in the 2.6.19 than in the 2.6.18...
12
13 I've tried to emerge again : kbd, kdm, but nothing.
14
15 I'm sure of one thing : if I delete xdm from the defaults boot level, I can
16 log in normally, everything is fine.
17 If I type 'startx', I get my KDE, but all the tty's are now unreadable...
18
19 Did somebody has an idea ?
20 thx for help.