From: "Fatih Tümen" <fthtmn+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: scrapping hal
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:06:58
1 On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 21:21, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:11:42 +0300, Fatih Tümen wrote:
3 >
4 >> I agree putting -hal is not a good idea unless you dare to break the
5 >> packages that need hal. But I think there is a third option here
6 >
7 > Packages that need hal won't have a hal use flag.
10 True, not every package that needs hal has hal use flag. I should have
11 made clear that my implication was those which have (optional)
12 dependency on hal && (thus) has hal flag. For packages that need hal
13 it doesn't matter whether you have -hal in your make.conf anyway, does
14 it?
17    Fatih
22 > --
23 > Neil Bothwick