From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Again about a gentoo vm appliance for vbox
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:09:13
1 On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 08:36:29 -0500
2 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Alan responded:
5 > > Try this. Attached is a .config for 2.6.39 that works and boots just
6 > > fine in a default VBox vm using AHCI SATA controller as provided by
7 > > vbox.
8 >
9 > [...]
10 >
11 > Thanks for posting the .config. I didn't just use that to get a
12 > working kernel but took a chance with your .config as basis at
13 > configuring a more recent kernel. So By bouncing your config up to
14 > 3.2.6 kernel and subtracting/adding a few things I thought of I did
15 > get a working install.
16 >
17 > It must be the first time out of quite a few tries over mnths and even
18 > yrs.
19
20 Glad to be able to help.
23 Alan McKinnnon