From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Plasma sound not working
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 13:51:46
1 On Saturday, 18 June 2022 13:30:16 BST Julien Roy wrote:
2
3 > By default, only the LTS/ESR release of Firefox is unmasked (or marked
4 > as stable), of which the latest version is 91.10.0, however, if you
5 > unmask it, you can use the latest Firefox version, currently 101.0.1.
6 > Though unmasking Firefox leads to more frequent rebuilds since the rapid
7 > release has, well, frequent releases.
8
9 Yes, and that's a good reason for not doing so. I have another machine running
10 ~amd64; this one's stable for everyday use. Well, it's supposed to be stable.
11 :)
12
13 I did keyword firefox to test SP against the sound system, but I've reverted to
14 the older version.
15
16 > As a side note, by default, searching using `emerge --search` does not
17 > show the available masked versions (not sure if an option exists to
18 > change that). One option that I recommend is to install app-portage/eix,
19
20 Yes, I've been using it for many years.
23 Regards,
24 Peter.