From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Annoying Plugin pop-up, Firefox and Epiphany
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:26:16
1 On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:39, Dave Cameron wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I'm running Gentoo on a SunBlade 100 SPARC machine, and so can't install
5 > Sun Java or "Macromedia crap". Does anyone know how/if you can disable
6 > the plugin popup on Epiphany and Firefox, it's really frustrating to
7 > have these constant nags, especially(sic) since I can't install these
8 > binary-only plugins, both because of my social conscience, and because
9 > of my platform, I would much appreciate it if someone knew.
10
11 For firefox, first try going to Menu View -->Preferences--> Web Features, and
12 disabling (unchecking) java, javascript and maybee installing software. Close
13 ALL firefox windows and restart to take effect, then test.
14
15 If this doesnt fix, try typing about:config in URL bar and browse through the
16 many possible settings. Google may be able to help with those.
19 Credit ... is the only enduring testimonial to man's confidence in man.
20 -- James Blish
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list