From: Heinz-Gerd Hombergs <lists.hombergs@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OK to disable "filter" USE in php?
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 18:01:33
1 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I noticed amavisd-new is being pulled in by the "filter" USE flag in
4 > squirrelmail. I don't use amavisd-new (I greylist), so I removed
5 > filter from make.conf and then realized it is also used in the php
6 > package. I only use php with squirrelmail. Is it safe for me to
7 > remove the filter USE flag from php? I don't want to make a security
8 > mistake.
11 Why don't add mail-client/squirrelmail -filter
12 into /etc/portage/package.use and leave the filter useflag in make.conf?
13 So you have only the useflag for squirrelmail disabled and not for all
14 other packages.