From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New AMD hardware. [Was: Nvidia Drivers. =(]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 01:13:10
1 On these new mobos, it's important to update the BIOS as soon as
2 possible. I DL'd a Bios with my 'doze 7 machine first thing and flashed
3 it. The original bios I had was version 418 from February, the new one
4 was 520 from a few days before I started... It is very important this is
5 done before anything else is attempted with the system.
9 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
10 >
11 >> He [Alan Grimes] has new hardware (Ryzen) that needs 4.10 for proper support.
12 > I too have new hardware (An Asus Prime X370-PRO MB with a Ryzen 1700X
13 > processor), indeed so new that my first attempt to boot a minimal CD was
14 > less than an hour ago.
19 Strange Game.
20 The only winning move is not to play.
21
22 Powers are not rights.