From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] merging or fitting images together
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 01:30:15
1 120516 Urs Schutz wrote:
2 > On Wed, 16 May 2012 00:12:25 -0400
3 > Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >> I can't find out how to turn it into a rectangle.
5 > Transform -> Unbend Image
6 > Play with the vertical values, this is very easy, fast and
7 > intuitive. With brum-3.jpg the best combination was:
8 > vertical linear 5, vertical curved -16, Done
9 > and after that
10 > Transform -> Trim Image or even easier
11 > Transform -> Auto-Trim Image to get rid of the black areas.
12 > In the case of brum-3.jpg apply a little bit of
13 > Retouch -> Gamma Curves, (bend the left part of the curve
14 > a little bit to the bottom, and the right part to the top)
15 > to enhance the image contrast.
16 > Normally the image looses a little bit of sharpness during
17 > the panorama stitching. You can correct this with:
18 > Retouch -> Sharpen Image.
19
20 Thanks ! -- I tried unbending, but it seemed rather clumsy;
21 clearly, I need to take more time to get the hang of how it works.
22
23 > But: If you would like to make an exhibit, then you get
24 > better image quality if you bring the negatives to an old-fashioned
25 > photographer for direct enlargement on B&W photo paper.
26
27 I may submit some of them to rail/transit journals for publication,
28 but won't have a use for hardcopies nor did I know anyone still did that ...
29
30 I checked all the apps in media-gfx , but very few are relevant :
31
32 Graphicsmagick -- a long-ago fork of Imagemagick ;
33 Digikam -- mb an alternative, but has 39 deps & 155 MB download ;
34 Enblend -- removes dark/light line from .tiff's made eg by Hugin.
35
36 Anyway, I have 3 apps to play with & will see where I get to.
37
38 Thanks again for your very helpful advice & I HTH others.
42 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
43 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
44 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca