From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mplayer troubles since update world
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 14:21:07
1 Kelly Hirai <kelly@×××××××.edu> writes:
2
3 > Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >> I didn't notice that mplayer wasn't working in firefox right away but
5 >> I think it may have started with a recent update.
6 >> (All updated packages are listed at the bottom)
7
8 [...]
9
10 > i had trouble with console mplayer after the last update as mplayer was
11 > built against another version of /usr/lib/libx264.so revdep-rebuild
12 > fixed that.
13
14 Thanks...
15 revdep-rebuild here, turns up several pkgs needing rebuild but all are
16 related to a jpeg library. And, no mplayer package came up on the
17 list of pkgs to rebuild.
18
19 I'll see in a while if it helped any. But it seems unlikely since
20 mplayer didn't turn up on the list. Still, if its using the wrong
21 jpeg library... maybe.