From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Photo management programs
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:36:28
1 Todd Goodman wrote:
2 > * Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [120305 12:09]:
3 > [..]
4 >> Honestly, if digikam worked right with my camera, I'd use it in a heart
5 >> beat. I like it but I can't get my pics to show up right. I can't
6 >> figure out why tho. Maybe I should try getting from the stick like you
7 >> do? Thing is, I leave my camera on the tri-pod about 90% of the time.
8 >> The card is on the bottom of mine beside the battery.
9 >>
10 >> Dale
11 >
12 > Have you tried a more recent Digikam Dale?
13 >
14 > They use libgphoto2 (I believe) and also recently pulled in more support
15 > internally (again, I believe) so they continue to improve camera
16 > support.
17 >
18 > I don't know offhand what's what in the latest Gentoo stable and testing
19 > ebuilds though as I build from the upstream git in most cases.
20 >
21 > Todd
26 Yep, I unmasked and unkeyworded the ones that were available at the
27 time. Is "unkeyworded" a word in Gentoo? Hmmmm. I did file a roach
28 report with gtkam on the crash and that the gimp plugin seems to trigger
29 it. Maybe they will have a fix. Since I don't use gtkam from within
30 Gimp, I don't really care myself but I would like to help fix it for
31 someone else who does use it that way. There is some more updates I
32 could do tho. Here is the current versions:
33
34 root@fireball / # equery list gtkam libgphoto2 libexif-gtk gtk+
35 * Searching for gtkam ...
36 [IP-] [ ] media-gfx/gtkam-0.1.18:0
37
38 * Searching for libgphoto2 ...
39 [IP-] [ ] media-libs/libgphoto2-2.4.11-r1:0
40
41 * Searching for libexif-gtk ...
42 [IP-] [ ] media-libs/libexif-gtk-0.3.5-r2:0
43
44 * Searching for gtk+ ...
45 [IP-] [ ] x11-libs/gtk+-2.24.8-r1:2
46 [IP-] [ ] x11-libs/gtk+-3.0.12-r1:3
47 root@fireball / #
48
49 When I add the -p option I see newer ones that have been added since I
50 played with this. May have a new project. Maybe update that stuff then
51 try the gimp flag again.
52
53 The problem with Digikam is weird and sort of hard to explain. My
54 camera has directories sorted by the date. Sometimes I have 15 or 20
55 directories. Digikam seems to show a couple directories in one view
56 window but ignores the rest. Then on top of that, some images with the
57 same file name are duplicated, some even more than twice. Is that
58 called triplicated? lol
59
60 I think it is a setting or something that I am missing. It could be a
61 bug but I think it is just a bad setting or some setting I need to
62 change but can't find. It wouldn't be the first time I didn't have a
63 light bulb moment. o_O
64
65 Now that I have gtkam working, at least I can get my pics off and it not
66 crash part way through. So, I'm not to worried about digikam but may
67 play with it some more, especially if it updates again. Maybe I should
68 check the USE flags again too. Maybe that would help some.
69
70 Dale
71
75 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
76 how you interpreted my words!
77
78 Miss the compile output? Hint:
79 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"