From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Purchase and setup of monitor calibration device
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 11:42:03
1 Hey gurus
2
3 I may soon get me a shiny (not in the sense of glossy, mind you) new
4 monitor. Along with it, I’m planning on purchasing a colorimeter to properly
5 calibrate it. Can anyone give me a recommendation for a device that runs
6 well with Linux?
7
8 It doesn’t have to be a super-pro device, but no el-cheapo either. I’ll need
9 it mostly for photo editing and the warm feeling of having an above-average
10 setup. *g* Oh and I want to improve my laptop experience, because those
11 things usually come with crappy screens in the first place. So I’m looking
12 at a price range of no more than 150€.
13
14 Also, I’m looking for info on how to set up KDE (or the entire system?) to
15 use the thusly generated colour profiles. So any food for thought?
16
17 Thanks
18 --
19 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
20 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.
21
22 Bees aren’t at all hard working, they just can’t fly any slower.