From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:17:52
1 On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 22:18:50 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > I don't use the meta packages, preferring to define my own set with
4 > > the packages I want, so I wasn't aware of Spectacle. I've just tried
5 > > it an is seems to do much the same as ksnapshot, just with a lot more
6 > > white space in the UI - but WTF do they block one another, they're
7 > > only screen shot programs?
8 >
9 > There doesn't seem to be a good technical reason, maybe it's as simple
10 > as the maintainer thought there shouldn't be two competing apps with the
11 > same functionality?
12 >
13 > I unblocked them here, and re-emerged both. Nothing extra was pulled in,
14 > so there are no conflicting libs.
15 >
16 > Unfortunately I can't attach a screenshot as proof - both remove their
17 > own window to do the capture :-)
18
19 Run two copies, then you can snapshot one with the other ;-)
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Voting Democrat or Republican is like choosing a cabin in the Titanic.