From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage Error
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 01:32:02
1 Patrick Holthaus wrote:
2
3 > KeyError: 'net-wireless/ipw3945d-1.7.22-r4'
4 >
5 > And nothing has been merged. ANY help on this would be appreciated, as i am
6 > using my laptop quite often and wireless is a must have for me. I also
7 > started a thread in the gentoo forums where more information about my system
8 > and tries i have made to compensate the file system errors can be found. You
9 > may want to have a look at it here:
10 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-535125-highlight-.html
13 I notice in the forum you say you had a hard drive crash. The first
14 thing to do is check the status of the drive itself (smartmontools or
15 similar), and if it is ok, then poke around in dmesg and
16 /var/log/messsages for ext3 filesystem problems.
17
18 regards
19
20 Mark
21
22 P.s : is it hard drive crash month or something?
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list