From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Orphan e-mail message in kmail
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:06:44
1 On Dienstag 24 Februar 2009, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Greetings,
3 >
4 > After a power failure a few days ago, kmail-1.9.9 now has one message in
5 > one folder that can't be read, viewed, moved or deleted. It's shown at the
6 > top of the list instead of near the bottom, and nothing I can think of will
7 > make any change to it.
8 >
9 > Can anyone suggest a reasonably safe approach to getting rid of it? I don't
10 > mind losing it as long as I don't lose anything else.
11 >
12 > I suppose I could delete my home directory, create a new one and import
13 > kmail's stuff from the old to the new, together with other applications'
14 > stuff, but I don't know any way to import filters, and anyway it's an awful
15 > fag.
16
17 go into the mail directory and remove the index file. kmail must not running!
18 Then start kmail and let it re-index the directory. After that you can read
19 it, move it, remove it.
20
21 Maybe just rebuilding index is enough, but I had cases in the past where that
22 was not enough.