From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] firefox java plugin wierdness
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 01:15:38
1 Hi All,
2
3 long time no post (at least 2 hours :)
4
5 I'm having what looks like strange font problems with some java applets.
6
7 After a recent upgrade of something, I no longer had a java plugin. So
8 I typed:
9
10 $ cd /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins
11 $ sudo ln -s /opt/blackdown-jre-1.4.2.03/plugin/i386/mozilla/libjavaplugin_oji.so
12
13 Now my java plugin is working, but everytime there should be a space, I
14 see a square box, then the space, then another square box.
15
16 This makes it look ugly, because the text isn't aligned properly.
17
18 Anyone know what's going on?
19
20 thanks,
21 --
22 Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>
23
24 We must believe in free will. We have no choice. -Isaac B. Singer
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list