From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} dvdrip permissions error, alternative?
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 17:18:50
1 On Thursday 05 October 2006 18:57, Grant wrote:
2 > When I click on "RIP Title" in dvdrip, I get a permission denied error
3 > regarding Project.pm. All of the other options in the other tabs are
4 > grayed out and unmodifiable. If I try to run the program as root, it
5 > says it cannot open the display. Does anyone know what's wrong here?
6 > I've tried amd64 and ~amd64 versions.
7 >
8 > I'm trying to make backups of my DVDs that are smaller than the full
9 > 8GB but don't lose any noticeable audio or video quality. I'd be
10 > happy to just select the audio and video track I want and rip them
11 > without any transcoding. Would anyone recommend a program other than
12 > dvdrip for this? I would use mplayer's mencode, but mplayer can't
13 > play my "The Life of Mammals" DVD so I don't think mencode will work.
14 > I believe that DVD is copy protected.
15 >
16 > - Grant
17
18 stop running it as root.
19
20 correct the permissions on the /dev/ files and the dir you try to write too.
21
22 Make sure, the user is in the right groups.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list