From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting from USB
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 03:52:33
1 On 03/27 09:46, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I just got some Mini-PC from China with Windows 10 on it and trying to boot from USB to install Gentoo on it.
3 > But it will not boot from USB, I've tried front and back USB ports. Windows start regardless what I do.
4 >
5 > Yes, I set in Bios 1st boot is USB. I've tried pressing F12. Tried to follow some instruction from google:
6 > https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/21756-boot-usb-drive-windows-10-pc.html
7 >
8 > Doesn't help.
9 >
10 > I used rufus to make bootable USB sticks (have two of them).
11 > --
12 > Thelma
15 Hi,
16
17 ...from my experience with SoC and such:
18 Some boards have a button on the board, which lets the board
19 boot from USB/sdcard while pressed...
20
21 Only a shot in the dark...
22
23 HTH!