From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to extend the tmux status 'title' for each pane or window
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 20:27:32
1 On Tuesday 10 Jun 2014 16:44:41 Jonathan Callen wrote:
2 > On 06/07/2014 06:33 AM, Mick wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 03 Jun 2014 15:16:56 Stroller wrote:
4 > >> On Tue, 3 June 2014, at 6:59 am, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
5
6 > >>> … status-left "[#S]" … status-right ""#22T" %H:%M %d-%b-%y"
7 > >>
8 > >> It looks to me like I've merely swapped left and right panes
9 > >> because, presumably, I thought it looked better that way.
10 > >>
11 > >> And I've removed the clock - that's one way you could reclaim
12 > >> some screen space.
13 > >
14 > > Right, on my default setup the clock is on the right, the number of
15 > > windows on the left and the title in the middle.
16 > >
17 > > As is the title shows:
18 > >
19 > > "root@compaq:/usr/src/l"
20 > >
21 > > instead of "root@compaq:/usr/src/linux". This is what I mean of it
22 > > being cut short.
25 > > [snip ...]
26 > >
27 > >> As I say, I don't seem to be firing on all cylinders right now,
28 > >> but it doesn't look to me like the "commands being run" are shown
29 > >> where you say they are, not on the far right, at least.
30 > >>
31 > >> I think they're shown in the *middle* section of the status bar.
32 > >
33 > > Yes, they are shown in the middle, but on a 82x25 pixel terminal
34 > > the title is displayed about 2/3 towards the right of the status
35 > > bar, right against the clock. See attached screenshot.
36 > >
37 > > Running tmux set -g status-right "#32T" removed the clock and
38 > > increased the real estate for the title bar.
39 > >
40 > > Thanks again Stroller.
41 >
42 > The "#22T" means (I think) to show the *first 22 characters* of the
43 > title, cutting it off if it is too long. You may just want to
44 > increase that number to something that matches the room you have
45 > available.
46
47 Yes, increasing the number extends the title in the middle, but I would
48 ideally like a setting that extends it automatically to cover available space
49 if needed.
50 --
51 Regards,
52 Mick