From: Rohit Sharma <bhavhit@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thought : making the build/emerge faster
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:05:14
1 >Hi,
2 >On 'gentoo-portage-dev' ML there are such patch (for portage-2.1_preX)
3 >plus in portage there's a package:
4 >* dev-util/confcache
5 > Available versions: 0.3.3 0.4 0.4.1
6 > Installed: 0.4.1
7 > Homepage: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/confcache
9 >Both are working for me for 2-3 weeks w/o problems.
10 >Check the homepage/link in the package above.
11 >HTH.Rumen
14 Rumen,
15 Found the page which hosts ebuilds etc and "man confcache" isn't there.
16 confcache --help suggests export CONFCACHEDIR which I have done but is
17 there a way for me to make portage use this by default? Or is exporting
18 the env variable enough? [done "emerge confcache" already]
21 Rohit Sharma
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list