From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mouse button mapping with evdev+hal+xorg-1.5.3
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 22:09:19
1 Valmor de Almeida wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > After an evdev+hal+xorg-1.5.3 upgrade, I suppose I don't need a input
5 > device section for a mouse in my xorg.conf. (I do need xorg.conf so I
6 > can get an external monitor working with my laptop correctly). However I
7 > would like to reverse the order of the buttons and this old xorg.conf
8 > section does not do it:
9 >
10 > Section "InputDevice"
11 > Identifier "Mouse0"
12 > Driver "mouse"
13 > Option "Protocol" "auto"
14 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
15 > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
16 > Option "ButtonMapping" "3 2 1"
17 > EndSection
18 >
19 > My driver now is evdev but how about the device driver line? still
20 > /dev/.../mice? or something else out of the lshal output?
21 >
22 > info.product = 'Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse' (string)
23 > info.subsystem = 'input' (string)
24 > info.udi =
25 > '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_45e_83_noserial_if0_logicaldev_input'
26 > (string)
27 > input.device = '/dev/input/event7' (string)
28 >
29 > Thanks,
30 >
31 > --
32 > Valmor
35 Okay. If I do
36
37 Driver "evdev"
38 Option "Device" "/dev/input/event7"
39
40 it works. However the touchpad which is event9 does not reverse buttons
41 (as expected). Do I need to configure a second input device and point it
42 to the appropriate event? Is this the right way of configuring
43 evdev/xorg through hal?
44
45 Thanks,
48 Valmor