From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New xorg.conf with x11-base/xorg-server-1.5.3-r5
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:26:27
1 On Freitag 15 Mai 2009, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Since the "new" xorg-server was a complete flop here, when will this
4 > > devicekit option be coming? Please tell me it will be easier that hal
5 > > is.
6 >
7 > It (xorg+hal/fdi config) has worked fine for me since day 1 (and
8 > continues to work), using a fully ~amd64 system. So not a complete
9 > flop. And xorg devs have been using it like that for something like 5
10 > years. I think the migration from one style of config to another was
11 > more the cause of many people's problems generally. I don't know
12 > anything about devicekit but I would bet the config & operation would
13 > be close to that of hal/fdi than the old xorg.conf style.
14
15 because you use a keyboard with us layout and a standard mouse,
16
17 Everybody else was screwed
18
19 And what the devs use it not a good measurement. Devs also have used ext3 or
20 4k stack in the past....