From: Dirk Heinrichs <ext-dirk.heinrichs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lvm2/external partitions question
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:45:22
1 Am Dienstag, 30. August 2005 08:49 schrieb ext W.Kenworthy:
2 > Comments inline:
3 >
4 > moriah ~ # df -h
5 > Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
6 > udev 252M 2.6M 249M 2% /dev
7
8 Hmm, mine takes 116k, how comes your /dev uses 2.6M?
9
10 > cachedir 3.8G 2.2G 1.6G 59% /lib/splash/cache
11
12 This looks to be the same as /, what is it good for, could you explain this?
13
14 > /dev/vg1/usr 32G 5.9G 27G 19% /usr
15 > /dev/vg1/var 48G 2.3G 46G 5% /var
16
17 I doubt you'll ever get them filled.
18
19 > /dev/vg1/tmp 16G 33M 16G 1% /tmp
20
21 I use tmpfs for this, but that really depends.
22
23 > /dev/vg1/home 77G 26G 52G 34% /home
24
25 As said before I prefer per-user volumes (and use the automounter to mount
26 them on demand).
27