From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Jesús J. Guerrero Botella" <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge 32bits on 64bits platform
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 08:17:07
1 On Tuesday 17 August 2010 09:24:42 Jesús J. Guerrero Botella wrote:
2 > 2010/8/16 Stéphane Guedon <stephane@××××××××××.eu>:
3 > > I have read several things about this, but never really solved !
4 > >
5 > > Can I emerge a 32bits software on 64bits platform with a multilib profile
6 > > ?
7 > >
8 > > All my web browsers (konqueror, opera, chromium, firefox) are 64bits,
9 > > whereas flash player exist currently in 32bits. So, I need to have
10 > > 32bits browser ! Can I emerge ?
11 >
12 > There's a multilib overlay that will allow you to build 32 bits
13 > software on a 64 bits OS. But it's completely unsupported, don't
14 > expect it to work flawlessly. It's been long since the last time I
15 > tried it so I don't know what the current status of things is.
18 Or he could just ignore the warnings about 32/64 bit issues n the ebuild and
19 use nspluginwrapper.
20
21 That's what I use on latest Firefox, Konqueror, Chrome, Rekons and Arora. It
22 works everywhere but flash does use excessive CPU, but that is a
23 characteristic of flash, not of the wrapper....
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com