From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix broken
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:12:46
1 On Sunday 14 November 2010 05:57:42 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > Some time ago, it appears, postfix stopped working for me. I am no longer
3 > able
4 > to use it to send mail (usually to my ISP, where it gets routed).
5 >
6 > It used to work fine, and if there was an elog that I needed to follow, I
7 > missed it.
8 >
9 > I don't even know where to start on this. Can anyone give me a shove in
10 > the right direction. I'm pretty good at this, but I only configured
11 > Postfix once and it
12 > was a long time ago.
13
14 You're one step ahead of me in that I haven't even configured postfix once,
15 but any MTAs that I have configured would generate copious logs with errors
16 when things borked. If you don't want to share these and the error is not
17 obvious, then try replicating the postfix steps using telnet, or nc, or
18 openssl s_client to see what the ISP's server returns. Some ISPs change ports
19 (e.g. disable port 25) to minimised spam sent by botnets, so that's the first
20 thing I would check.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick