From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and adding a option, if it exists.
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 04:40:09
1 Howdy,
2
3 This may not exist.  If not, oh well.  Sometimes when I'm moving files
4 with Dolphin, I need a added feature.  I tend to use split panes when I
5 copy or move files.  Quite often, I want to move files from one location
6 to another and the new file use the same name as the old file I'm
7 replacing.  What I *wish* I could do, move the file from one pane to the
8 other and drag the new file on top of the old file and it replace it
9 with the name of the old file.  As it is now, I have to bring up
10 properties, select the name of the file, while not including the
11 extension, and copy it, then close that window and open properties on
12 the new file, highlight the old name, paste new name, close window, copy
13 new file over and either delete old file or tell it to overwrite the
14 file.  Sometimes it has a different extension and I have to delete
15 instead.
16
17 It would be a lot faster if I could just drag it on top of file I want
18 to replace and either it be configured to use name of old file for new
19 file or me select in a pop up what I want to do.  Basically, move and
20 drop instead of all the properties, copy, repeat with paste on new file
21 and then move and maybe delete a file as well.  I went to the services
22 window and looked for anything I could add but I didn't see anything
23 that would do what I describe but it could be a hidden feature of one
24 that isn't obvious.
25
26 Has anyone ever seen something that does this?  While I use dolphin, I
27 may could use another tool if it has this feature.
28
29 Thanks.
30
31 Dale