From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems after DST change
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:00:52
1 On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 06:44 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > One of my machines had problems with the early DST changes. I guess
4 > I hadn't updated something. The machine is our Myth backend server so
5 > it doesn't get as many updates as my desktop machines which had no
6 > problems.
7 >
8 > Yesterday I *think* I fixed it but I'm wondering what I Can do to
9 > test that it's *really* fixed without rebooting it. How can I test
10 > that NTP is working from the command line or with some small app?
13 Well, are you talking about NTP or your timezone data (NTP knows nothing
14 about timezones and vice versa). The timezone data is in the
15 timezone-data package (not surprisingly). My understanding is that if
16 you live in the United States and have any version released after 2005
17 you should be okay, but you can always see what your time zone data
18 looks like with the zdump(8) command.
21 Albert W. Hopkins
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list